fredag, november 27, 2015

Television - Little Johnny Jewel - Live '78




A standout track from The Blow Up, a '78 live show released as an official release cassette on the ROIR label in the early '80s, followed by an unauthorized CD. Previously, vinyl LP & cassette bootlegs of the show had circulated. It's a recording of a March 20, 1978 Television show at the Long Island, NY club "My Father's Place". 

Discography trivia: I've seen "The Blow Up" sometimes described as a compilation of songs from various '78 shows, but my impression of its origin's different. 'Cause, when The Blow Up first came out on cassette, I was sure (was I mistaken?) the whole tape was identical to a bootleg cassette I already had of one specific '78 show from My Father's Place club, except The Blow Up inexplicably left out the song "Poor Circulation" the bootleg tape included. 

More trivia: A small section of the song never got recorded, as the audience member taping it had to change cassettes before the song ended. Can you hear where Tom's solo near the end stops abruptly, & then they're already into the last section of the song? It was more noticeable on cassette bootleg circulated in the late '70s, as a short, silent gap was left on the bootleg tape versions. By the time it was issued on The Blow Up, they'd edited it together tidily.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar